Q) I need to no why I’m not getting my food stamp this is pissed me off please let me know what is going on with them I’m hungry here!
A) I’m sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with your food stamp benefits. Here are some steps you can take to try to find out why your benefits have been delayed or stopped:
- Check your balance: If you have an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card for your food stamp benefits, you can check your balance by calling the customer service number on the back of the card or by logging into your account on the EBT website.
- Contact your state’s food stamp program: If your benefits have stopped or been reduced and you don’t know why, you should contact your state’s food stamp program. You can find the phone number and contact information on your state’s Department of Agriculture or Department of Health and Human Services website.
- Ask about the status of your application or renewal: If you recently applied for food stamp benefits or renewed your benefits, there may be a delay in processing. You can ask the food stamp program about the status of your application or renewal.
- Inquire about any changes in your circumstances: Your benefits may be affected if there have been changes in your income, household size, or other circumstances that affect your eligibility. You should inform the food stamp program of any changes as soon as possible.
- Consider seeking assistance from a food bank or other community resources: While you are waiting to find out about your food stamp benefits, you may be able to get assistance from a food bank or other community resources. You can search for local resources on the Feeding America website.
I hope this information helps you get the assistance you need. If you continue to have trouble, don’t hesitate to contact your state’s food stamp program for further assistance.