I’ve been having problems getting my EBT because my caseworker has not contacted me
April 15, 2023
Q) I’ve been having problems getting my EBT because my caseworker has not contacted me on my interview dates. It’s been since 2022 in November. I have not had any EBT I am homeless I live in my car.
A) I’m sorry to hear about the difficulties you’ve been experiencing. It’s important that you receive the support you need. Here are some steps you can take to try to resolve the situation:
- Contact your caseworker: Try reaching out to your caseworker to follow up on your application and interview. You can do this by phone or email, whichever method they provided to you. Make sure to leave a message if they don’t answer, and be persistent in your efforts to contact them.
- Contact the EBT customer service: You can also contact the EBT customer service hotline for your state to inquire about the status of your application and benefits. They may be able to provide you with more information or help you connect with your caseworker.
- Contact your local Department of Social Services: If you’re still having trouble getting in touch with your caseworker or the EBT customer service, you can try contacting your local Department of Social Services. They may be able to provide you with additional resources or help you get in touch with the right people.
- Seek additional assistance: You may also want to consider seeking additional assistance from local non-profit organizations or social service agencies that provide support for individuals experiencing homelessness. They may be able to help you access food, shelter, and other resources.
Agan here is what you can do:
- Contact your caseworker again. Try calling them at their office number and leaving a message. You can also try emailing them.
- Go to your local SNAP office in person. They may be able to help you get in touch with your caseworker or schedule a new interview.
- Contact your state’s SNAP agency. They may be able to help you resolve the issue with your caseworker.
- Apply for emergency food assistance. Many states have programs that provide food assistance to people who are homeless or in need.
- Contact a local food bank or soup kitchen. They may be able to provide you with food assistance.
Remember, persistence is key when it comes to navigating the social services system. Don’t be afraid to keep reaching out for help until you receive the support you need.