I just got out of prison, how I can get emergency food stamps?

Q) I just got out of prison Friday the 18th 2022 an I want to know how I can get emergency food stamps?

A) You can qualify for food stamps – Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and other assistance after being released from prison. Whether you are convicted or not and are incarcerated or released from incarceration, you can always sign up for your state’s Food Stamp and other social service programs. To apply for benefits or get information about SNAP, you must contact your local SNAP office. Click your state (or NYC) on the map below for contact and application information. Each state has its own application form. If your state’s form is not on the web, you’ll need to contact your local SNAP office to request one. Please visit https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/state-directory to locate your state and apply for Food Stamp.