Find your local Food Stamp (SNAP) - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Office here! Not a government website.

Category Archives: Uncategorized

can i file an appeal on a decision to take my food stamps

Q) Can i file an appeal on a decision that was made today to take my food stamps away. During this pandemic if find it hard to get all the things they are requiring of me at this time.

A) If your Social Service Office denies your SNAP benefits or stops or lowers your benefits, you can ask for a fair hearing. A fair hearing, or an “appeal”, is a formal meeting in person at the local Social Service office or by phone.

You can appeal most actions benefit actions. For example, you can appeal if:

SSO Denied your application or recertification
SSO lowers your SNAP and you think it is wrong
SSO denies or ignores a request to correct a SNAP underpayment (under-issuance)
SSO does not increase your SNAP (for example, when your income goes down or someone has moved into your household).
SSO denies or ignores your request to accommodate a disability. See What if a disability makes it hard for me to apply or comply with DTA rules?.
SSO says you have been denied but never sends you written notice.
SSO says you were overpaid SNAP benefits

Please call your local SSO or State SNAP benefits office and request your fair hearing.

Applying for Food Stamp or SNAP benefits

To apply for Food Stamp or SNAP benefits contact your local (SNAP) food stamp office office. Each State program has their own application form. If your State’s form is not on the web yet, you may need to contact your local food stamp office to request one.

209 Responses to Tell Us Your Experience At Your Local Food Stamp Office

  1. I need to do an address change to get my replacement card for my food stamps but everytime I call the food stamp office in Birmingham no one answers EVER. Please do something about this.

Leave a reply

State Food Stamp Office Locations

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming