I need emergencies on food stamps

A) For Immediate Food Assistance you can Call the USDA National Hunger Hotline at 1-866-3-HUNGRY (1-866-348-6479) or 1-877-8-HAMBRE (1-877-842-6273

I understand that you are in need of emergency food assistance. I am here to help you in any way that I can.

There are a few things that you can do if you are in need of emergency food assistance. You can:

  • Contact your local food bank or soup kitchen. Food banks and soup kitchens provide free or low-cost food to people in need. You can find a list of food banks and soup kitchens in your area by visiting the Feeding America website.
  • Apply for emergency food stamps. If you are eligible for food stamps, you can apply for emergency benefits. Emergency benefits can help you to purchase food if you are experiencing a temporary hardship. You can apply for emergency food stamps by visiting your local Department of Human Services (DHS) office.
  • Contact your local 211 service. 211 is a free service that can connect you with resources in your community, including food banks, soup kitchens, and other programs that can help you to get food. You can call 211 or visit their website to get help.

I hope this information is helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions.