SNAP office not responding back to my request I have put in writing.
Q) Would someone call me back concerning problems I am having with my local SNAP office. Not responding back to my request I have put in writing which I had faxed, hand delivered and mailed to that office on June 03, 2019.
Requesting why my monthly benefits were reduced from $194.00 down to $37.00. I also spoke to someone in that office on the phone and they said they could tell me only verbal, not in writing, this is why I put this request in writing myself.
A) James if you cannot reach your local social service/Food Stamp office by phone you may want to consider visiting the office and discuss your benefit change with a counselor.
In the meantime, here are some things you can do to follow up on your request:
- Check your spam folder to make sure that your request did not get filtered out.
- Call DCF again and ask to speak to a supervisor.
- Visit DCF in person and speak to a representative.
You can also file a complaint with the USDA Food and Nutrition Service (FNS). FNS is the federal agency that oversees the SNAP program. You can file a complaint online or by mail.
Here are the steps on how to file a complaint with FNS online:
- Go to the FNS website.
- Click on the “Contact Us” tab.
- Click on the “File a Complaint” link.
- Fill out the complaint form.
- Submit the complaint form.