Hello someone used my identity my name and SSN and date of birth to get on your food stamps and I need that account closed with a letter that it is closed I never lived in Florida never please help me out thank you

A) I understand that someone has used your identity to get food stamps in Florida. This is a serious offense and you should take steps to protect yourself. Here are the things you can do:

  1. Report the identity theft to the authorities. You can file a report with the police or the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The FTC can provide you with a copy of your Identity Theft Report, which you will need to close the food stamps account.
  2. Close the food stamps account. You can do this by contacting the Florida Department of Children and Families (DCF). They will need to see a copy of your Identity Theft Report before they can close the account.
  3. Place a fraud alert on your credit report. This will make it more difficult for someone to open new accounts in your name. You can place a fraud alert by contacting the three major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian, and TransUnion.
  4. Get a copy of your credit report. This will help you to see if there are any other accounts that have been opened in your name. You can get a copy of your credit report from each of the three major credit bureaus once a year for free.
  5. Monitor your credit report for any suspicious activity. Be sure to check your credit report regularly for any new accounts or changes to your existing accounts.

Here are the steps on how to close the food stamps account in Florida:

  1. Go to the DCF website and click on the “Contact Us” tab.
  2. Select the “Food Assistance” topic.
  3. Select the “Report Fraud” option.
  4. Fill out the online form and attach a copy of your Identity Theft Report.
  5. Submit the form and wait for the DCF to close the account.

You should also get a letter from the DCF stating that the account has been closed. This letter will be helpful if you need to dispute any unauthorized charges that were made to the account.

Again you need to urgently:

  1. Contact the Agency: Reach out to the relevant agency in Florida that handles food stamps (usually the Department of Children and Families or a similar agency). You can find their contact information on their official website.
  2. Report the Fraud: Inform them that someone used your identity fraudulently to obtain food stamps. They will guide you through the process of reporting the identity theft and fraud. They may require you to provide documentation or fill out forms.
  3. File a Police Report: In many cases of identity theft, it’s a good idea to file a police report. This can create an official record of the crime and may be necessary for resolving the issue with government agencies.
  4. Freeze Your Credit: Consider placing a freeze on your credit reports to prevent further unauthorized use of your personal information. This will make it more difficult for anyone to open new accounts in your name.
  5. Monitor Your Credit: Regularly monitor your credit reports and financial accounts for any unusual or unauthorized activity. Report any discrepancies immediately to the relevant institutions.
  6. Identity Theft Affidavit: You may need to fill out an identity theft affidavit, which is a document that helps prove you are a victim of identity theft. This is often required when working with government agencies and financial institutions to resolve the issue.
  7. Follow Up: Keep detailed records of all communications with the government agency and any related institutions. Follow up regularly to ensure that your case is being investigated and resolved.
  8. Consider Legal Advice: If you’re having difficulty resolving the issue or believe you may need legal assistance, consider consulting with an attorney who specializes in identity theft and consumer protection.

Remember, it’s crucial to act quickly to minimize the potential damage caused by identity theft. The specific steps you need to take may vary based on your circumstances and the laws in your jurisdiction, so it’s a good idea to consult with professionals who can provide guidance tailored to your situation.

I understand that you are not a resident of Florida and that you never lived there. However, the DCF is the agency that administers food stamps in Florida. You will need to contact them to close the account, even if you are not a resident.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *