i found a fraudulent charge on my ebt
A) If you have found a fraudulent charge on your EBT card, you should take immediate action to protect your benefits and report the fraud. Here are the steps you should take:
- Call the EBT customer service number: The phone number to call will be listed on the back of your EBT card or on your account statement. Explain the situation and provide details of the fraudulent charge.
- Report the fraud: Your state’s EBT customer service representative will provide you with instructions on how to report the fraud. This typically involves completing a fraud report form and providing any necessary documentation.
- Freeze your account: Ask the representative to freeze your account to prevent further unauthorized charges.
- Request a new card: If you suspect that your EBT card has been compromised, ask the representative to cancel your current card and issue a new one.
- Follow up: Make sure to follow up with your state’s EBT office to ensure that your case is being investigated and that any fraudulent charges are removed from your account.
Remember, reporting fraud is an important step in protecting your benefits and preventing further unauthorized charges. By taking immediate action, you can help ensure that your benefits are used for their intended purpose.
Contact customer service right away if your EBT card or PIN is lost or stolen or if you see unauthorized charges. The federal law that protects against unauthorized charges and errors on most government benefit cards does not protect these needs-tested cards. You should call right away to protect your remaining benefits. https://www.consumerfinance.gov/ask-cfpb/what-should-i-do-if-my-ebt-card-or-pin-is-lost-or-stolen-or-i-see-unauthorized-charges-en-2055/