A) To report your address change for food stamps (SNAP) in Memphis, TN, there are a few options depending on your preference:
- One DHS Customer Portal: This is the preferred method for online reporting. Create an account or log in if you already have one at https://www.tn.gov/humanservices/for-families/supplemental-nutrition-assistance-program-snap/applying-for-services.html. Click on “Report a Change” and follow the prompts to update your address. You can upload proof of residence like your new lease agreement or a utility bill.
- Family Assistance Service Center: Call 1-866-311-4287 Monday-Friday between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM CT. Explain your situation and request to report an address change for SNAP. They will process the update over the phone.
- Mail the Change Report Form: Download the form at https://www.tn.gov/humanservices/information-and-resources/dhs-forms-and-applications.html. Fill it out with your new address and attach proof of residence. Mail it to: Family Assistance Division Department of Human Services, P.O. Box 620001 Memphis TN 38181.
- Visit your local TDHS office: Find the one closest to you at https://www.tn.gov/humanservices/information-and-resources/dhs-program-descriptions.html. Bring the Change Report Form completed and proof of residence. A representative can help you update your information.
Important points to remember:
- Report the change within 10 days: Ideally, you should report changes within 10 days of moving. However, even if you are late, update your address as soon as possible to avoid suspension of benefits.
- Proof of residence: Have proof of your new address ready for any of the methods above. This can be a lease agreement, utility bill, rent receipt, etc.
- Case transfer for out-of-county move: If you moved to a different county in TN, you might need to transfer your case. Inform the service provider during reporting to initiate the transfer process.
I hope this information helps you update your address for SNAP quickly and efficiently.