I recently received placement of a 10 month old and 17 year old cps told me to try and apply for IN food stamps I am 53 and never done this before can you help

A) I’m sorry to hear that you are in a difficult situation. I hope you and the children are doing well. I can help you find some information on how to apply for food stamps in Indiana. Food stamps are also known as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), and they can help you buy food for your household.

There are different ways to apply for SNAP in Indiana. You can apply online, by phone, or in person at a local office. Here are some steps to follow:

  • To apply online, you can visit the Indiana Family and Social Services Administration website and click on “Apply for SNAP”. You will need to create an account and fill out an application form with your personal and financial information. You can also check your eligibility and benefits amount online.
  • To apply by phone, you can call 800-403-0864 and request an application form. You will need to complete the form and mail or fax it to your county Division of Family Resources (DFR) office. You can find the contact information of your local DFR office here.
  • To apply in person, you can visit your county DFR office and get an application form. You will need to fill out the form and submit it along with any required documents, such as proof of income, identity, residency, and expenses. You can also get help from a DFR staff member if you have any questions or need assistance.

After you submit your application, you will have an interview with a DFR caseworker to verify your information and determine your eligibility. You may also need to provide additional documents or information if requested. If you are approved, you will receive an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card that you can use to buy food at authorized stores.

If you are a college student, you may also qualify for SNAP if you meet certain criteria, such as working at least 20 hours per week, participating in a work-study program, or having a dependent child. You can find more information about SNAP for college students here.

I hope this helps you apply for food stamps in Indiana. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your local DFR office or call 800-403-0864. I wish you all the best.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *