If you could please transfer my food stamps I would greatly appreciate it.

Q) Last week i believe i was receiving food stamps from you while I was at New Life for Women, I am no longer there, I am at Shannon Nye. If you could please transfer my food stamps I would greatly appreciate it. I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to read this and respond. Your response is greatly appreciated. Have a nice day.

A) Unfortunately, I can’t directly transfer your food stamps. Here’s why and what you need to do:

Understanding SNAP Benefits:

  • State-Based Program: The Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly called food stamps) is a federal program, but it’s run by individual states. This means benefits don’t automatically transfer when you move locations within a state or between states.

What You Need to Do:

  1. Notify Your Previous SNAP Office: Contact the SNAP office where you were originally receiving benefits at New Life for Women. Explain that you have moved to Shannon Nye and need to close your case there.
  2. Apply with Your New SNAP Office: Contact the SNAP office closest to your location at Shannon Nye and start a new application process. You’ll need to provide information about your current living situation and income.

Important Notes:

  • Timing is Key: The sooner you notify your previous SNAP office of your move, the smoother the transition will be.
  • Eligibility: Your eligibility for SNAP benefits might be reassessed with your new application based on your current situation.

Where to Find Your Local SNAP Office:


Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *