My father in law is a resident of Nevada. Is he able to use his snap benefits in California?

Q) My father in law is a resident of Nevada but is staying in California until his house repair are completed. Is he able to use his snap benefits in California?

A) Yes, a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipient can use their benefits in any state in the U.S., including using SNAP benefits issued by one state to purchase food in another state. This is because SNAP is a federal program that operates in all states.

If your father-in-law is a resident of Nevada and receives SNAP benefits in that state, he can use his benefits to purchase eligible food items at participating retailers in California, or any other state he may visit.

It’s important to note that SNAP eligibility and benefit levels may vary by state, so your father-in-law’s benefits in Nevada may not be the same as benefits he would receive in California. However, he can still use his Nevada EBT card in California as long as he follows the rules and restrictions for using SNAP benefits in both states.

Yes. You dad can use is SNAP benefits in California. SNAP benefits are interoperable through the use of your Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card which means you will be able to use your SNAP EBT card at any USDA authorized food retailer accepting SNAP anywhere in the United States including the District of Columbia, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *