Q) What foods are eligible for purchase with SNAP benefits?
A) Households CAN use SNAP benefits to buy:
- Foods for the household to eat such as breads and cereals; fruits and vegetables; meats, fish and poultry; and dairy products.
- Seeds and plants which produce food for the household to eat.
Households CANNOT use SNAP benefits to buy:
- Beer, wine, liquor, cigarettes or tobacco;
- Any nonfood items such as pet foods, soaps, paper products and household supplies
- Vitamins and medicines.
- Food that will be eaten in the store.
- Hot foods