Find your local Food Stamp (SNAP) - Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Office here! Not a government website.

How to transfer my snap benefits from ohio to georgia?

Q) What do I need to do to transfer my snap benefits from ohio to georgia?

A) Reporting changes for SNAP requires that you report a change at your application, re-determination or FS IR. It is ILLEGAL to receive SNAP in more than one state though and can be punishable to a 10 year disqualification from the program. You need to cancel your SNAP benefits in the state you are currently receiving and then call the state in which you are moving to and inform them of your move to their state and when your SNAP is ending in the state you came from. If you dont have your driver license or ID card in the new state you can always prove your move by a rent receipt or a bill or something showing you are now living in their state. Source:

Sorry, comments are closed for this post.

12 Responses to Tell Us Your Experience at Your Local Food Stamp Office

  1. To apply for food stamp benefits, or for information about the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), contact your local SNAP office. You can find local offices and each State’s application on the USDA national map. Local offices are also listed in the State or local government pages of the telephone book. The office should be listed under “Food Stamps,” “Social Services,” “Human Services,” “Public Assistance,” or a similar title. You can also call your State’s SNAP hotline numbers. Most are toll-free numbers.

    Each State has its own application form. If your State’s form is not on the web yet, you’ll need to contact your local SNAP office to request one. Please don’t call USDA or HHS headquarters as only your State accepts applications and determines eligibility.

Leave a reply


DISCLAIMER: This site is NOT affiliated with any government sites or agencies, this site is for informational purposes only. If you have questions or issues about your food stamp benefits it’s always best you contact your local Social Service Office. We are not Social Service office employees, officers or agents.